609.3242 Prostitution crimes committed in school or park zones; increased penalties.
Subdivision 1. Definitions. As used in this section:
(1) "park zone" has the meaning given in section 152.01, subdivision 12a; and
(2) "school zone" has the meaning given in section 152.01, subdivision 14a, and also includes school bus stops established by a school board under section 123B.88, while school children are waiting for the bus.
Subd. 2. Increased penalties. Any person who commits a violation of section 609.324 while acting other than as a prostitute while in a school or park zone may be sentenced as follows:
(1) if the crime committed is a felony, the statutory maximum for the crime is three years longer than the statutory maximum for the underlying crime;
(2) if the crime committed is a gross misdemeanor, the person is guilty of a felony and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than two years or to payment of a fine of not more than $4,000, or both; and
(3) if the crime committed is a misdemeanor, the person is guilty of a gross misdemeanor.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes