"Business of prostitution" means any arrangement between or organization of two or more persons, acting other than as prostitutes or patrons, who commit acts punishable under sections 609.321 to 609.324.
"Patron" means an individual who hires or offers or agrees to hire another individual to engage in sexual penetration or sexual contact.
"Place of prostitution" means a house or other place where prostitution is practiced.
"Promotes the prostitution of an individual" means any of the following wherein the person knowingly:
(1) solicits or procures patrons for a prostitute; or
(2) provides, leases or otherwise permits premises or facilities owned or controlled by the person to aid the prostitution of an individual; or
(3) owns, manages, supervises, controls, keeps or operates, either alone or with others, a place of prostitution to aid the prostitution of an individual; or
(4) owns, manages, supervises, controls, operates, institutes, aids or facilitates, either alone or with others, a business of prostitution to aid the prostitution of an individual; or
(5) admits a patron to a place of prostitution to aid the prostitution of an individual;
(6) transports an individual from one point within this state to another point either within or without this state, or brings an individual into this state to aid the prostitution of the individual; or
(7) engages in the sex trafficking of an individual.
"Sex trafficking" means receiving, recruiting, enticing, harboring, providing, or obtaining by any means an individual to aid in the prostitution of the individual.
"Sex trafficking victim" means a person subjected to the practices in subdivision 7a.
"Prostitute" means an individual who engages in prostitution.
"Prostitution" means engaging or offering or agreeing to engage for hire in sexual penetration or sexual contact.
"Sexual contact" means any of the following acts, if the acts can reasonably be construed as being for the purpose of satisfying the actor's sexual impulses:
(i) the intentional touching by an individual of a prostitute's intimate parts; or
(ii) the intentional touching by a prostitute of another individual's intimate parts.
"Sexual penetration" means any of the following acts, if for the purpose of satisfying sexual impulses: sexual intercourse, cunnilingus, fellatio, anal intercourse, or any intrusion however slight into the genital or anal openings of an individual's body by any part of another individual's body or any object used for the purpose of satisfying sexual impulses. Emission of semen is not necessary.
A "public place" means a public street or sidewalk, a pedestrian skyway system as defined in section 469.125, subdivision 4, a hotel, motel, or other place of public accommodation, a place licensed to sell intoxicating liquor, wine, nonintoxicating malt beverages, or food, or a motor vehicle located on a public street, alley, or parking lot ordinarily used by or available to the public though not used as a matter of right and a driveway connecting such a parking lot with a street or highway.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes