The maximum fees to be charged and collected by a notary public shall be as follows:
(1) for protest of nonpayment of note or bill of exchange or of nonacceptance of such bill; where protest is legally necessary, and copy thereof, $5;
(2) for every other protest and copy, $5;
(3) for making and serving every notice of nonpayment of note or nonacceptance of bill and copy thereof, $5;
(4) for any affidavit or paper for which provision is not made herein, $5 per folio, and $1 per folio for copies;
(5) for each oath administered, $5;
(6) for acknowledgments of deeds and for other services authorized by law, the legal fees allowed other officers for like services;
(7) for recording each instrument required by law to be recorded by the notary, $5 per folio.