Three or more persons may form a corporation known as a Young Men's Christian Association or a Young Women's Christian Association by adopting, signing, and acknowledging a certificate of incorporation containing:
(1) the names and places of residence of the incorporators;
(2) the name of the corporation, the location of its principal place of business, and the period of its duration;
(3) the objects of its organization expressly stated;
(4) the number of its directors, not less than five, who shall manage its affairs, how and when elected, and the time and place of annual meetings; and
(5) the terms of admission to active membership.
The certificate must be recorded with the county recorder of the county of its principal place of business.