The commissioner may cancel a permit if one of the following conditions occurs:
(1) the permit holder has not filed a sales or use tax return for at least one year;
(2) the permit holder has not reported any sales or use tax liability on the permit holder's returns for at least two years;
(3) the permit holder requests cancellation of the permit;
(4) the permit is subject to cancellation under section 270C.722, subdivision 2, paragraph (a); or
(5) the permit is subject to cancellation under section 297A.84.