In addition to the personal allowance established in section 256B.35, any disabled recipient of medical assistance who is a resident of a nursing facility or intermediate care facility for the developmentally disabled, shall also be permitted a special personal allowance drawn solely from earnings from any employment under an individual plan of rehabilitation. This special personal allowance shall consist of the sum of the following amounts, deducted from earnings in the following order:
(1) $80 for the costs of meals and miscellaneous work expenses;
(2) Federal Insurance Contributions Act payments withheld from the person's earned income;
(3) actual employment related transportation expenses;
(4) other actual employment related expenses; and
(5) state and federal income taxes withheld from the person's earned income, if the person cannot be claimed as exempt from federal income tax withholding.
The maximum special personal allowance from earnings is the sum of clauses (1) to (5).
Copyright © 2017 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.