Precinct summary statements shall be submitted by the election judges in every precinct. For all elections, the election judges shall complete three or more copies of the summary statements, and each copy shall contain the following information for each kind of ballot:
(1) the number of ballots delivered to the precinct as adjusted by the actual count made by the election judges, the number of unofficial ballots made, and the number of absentee ballots delivered to the precinct;
(2) the number of votes each candidate received or the number of yes and no votes on each question, the number of undervotes, the number of overvotes, and the number of defective ballots with respect to each office or question;
(3) the number of spoiled ballots, the number of duplicate ballots made, the number of absentee ballots rejected, and the number of unused ballots, presuming that the total count provided on each package of unopened prepackaged ballots is correct;
(4) the number of voted ballots indicating only a voter's choices as provided by section 206.80, paragraph (b), clause (2), item (ii);
(6) the number of voters registering on election day in that precinct;
(7) the signatures of the election judges who counted the ballots certifying that all of the ballots cast were properly piled, checked, and counted; and that the numbers entered by the election judges on the summary statements correctly show the number of votes cast for each candidate and for and against each question;
(8) the number of election judges that worked in that precinct on election day; and
(9) the number of voting booths used in that precinct on election day.
At least two copies of the summary statement must be prepared for elections not held on the same day as the state elections.
The election judges shall place a full set of completed summary statements in each of three separate envelopes and seal them so that the envelopes cannot be opened without leaving evidence that they have been opened. The election judges shall then sign each envelope over the sealed part so that no envelope can be opened without disturbing the continuity of the signatures. Each of the envelopes shall show substantially the following information on its face:
"Summary statements of the returns of the .... election precinct, (Town) or (City) of ....., or (School District Number) ...., in the County of ....., State of Minnesota."
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes