After receiving a license from the board as a licensed social worker, the licensed social worker must obtain at least 100 hours of supervision according to the requirements of this section.
The supervision required by subdivision 1 must be obtained during the first 4,000 hours of postbaccalaureate social work practice authorized by law. At least four hours of supervision must be obtained during every 160 hours of practice.
Of the 100 hours of supervision required under subdivision 1:
(1) 50 hours must be provided through one-on-one supervision, including: (i) a minimum of 25 hours of in-person supervision, and (ii) no more than 25 hours of supervision via eye-to-eye electronic media; and
(2) 50 hours must be provided through: (i) one-on-one supervision, or (ii) group supervision. The supervision may be in person, by telephone, or via eye-to-eye electronic media. The supervision must not be provided by e-mail. Group supervision is limited to six members not counting the supervisor or supervisors.
The supervision required by subdivision 1 must be provided by a supervisor who:
(1) is a licensed social worker who has completed the supervised practice requirements;
(2) is a licensed graduate social worker, licensed independent social worker, or licensed independent clinical social worker; or
(3) meets the requirements specified in section 148E.120, subdivision 2.
The supervisee must:
(1) to the satisfaction of the supervisor, practice competently and ethically according to professional social work knowledge, skills, and values;
(2) receive supervision in the following content areas:
(i) development of professional values and responsibilities;
(ii) practice skills;
(iii) authorized scope of practice;
(iv) ensuring continuing competence; and
(v) ethical standards of practice;
(3) submit a supervision plan according to section 148E.125, subdivision 1; and
(4) if the board audits the supervisee's supervised practice, submit verification of supervised practice according to section 148E.125, subdivision 3.
A licensed social worker who fulfills the supervision requirements specified in subdivisions 1 to 5 is not required to be supervised after completion of the supervision requirements.