The commissioner of health by rule shall establish forms and procedures for the processing of nursing home license applications. An application for a nursing home license shall include the following information:
(1) the names and addresses of all controlling persons and managerial employees of the facility to be licensed;
(2) the address and legal property description of the facility;
(3) a copy of the architectural and engineering plans and specifications of the facility as prepared and certified by an architect or engineer registered to practice in this state; and
(4) any other relevant information which the commissioner of health by rule or otherwise may determine is necessary to properly evaluate an application for license.
A controlling person which is a corporation shall submit copies of its articles of incorporation and bylaws and any amendments thereto as they occur, together with the names and addresses of its officers and directors. A controlling person which is a foreign corporation shall furnish the commissioner of health with a copy of its certificate of authority to do business in this state. An application on behalf of a controlling person which is a corporation, association or a governmental unit or instrumentality shall be signed by at least two officers or managing agents of that entity.
Each application for a nursing home license or for renewal of a nursing home license shall specify one or more controlling persons or managerial employees as agents:
(2) on whom personal service of all notices and orders shall be made, and who shall be authorized to accept service on behalf of all of the controlling persons of the facility, in proceedings under sections 144A.06; 144A.10, subdivisions 4, 5, and 7; 144A.11, subdivision 3; and 144A.15. Notwithstanding any law to the contrary, personal service on the designated person or persons named in an application shall be deemed to be service on all of the controlling persons or managerial employee of the facility, and it shall not be a defense to any action arising under sections 144A.06; 144A.10, subdivisions 4, 5 and 7; 144A.11, subdivision 3; and 144A.15, that personal service was not made on each controlling person or managerial employee of the facility. The designation of one or more controlling persons or managerial employees pursuant to this subdivision shall not affect the legal responsibility of any other controlling person or managerial employee under sections 144A.01 to 144A.155.