(a) The commissioner shall:
(1) notify the physicians of newborns tested of the results of the tests performed;
(2) make referrals for the necessary treatment of diagnosed cases of heritable and congenital disorders when treatment is indicated;
(3) maintain a registry of the cases of heritable and congenital disorders detected by the screening program for the purpose of follow-up services;
(4) prepare a separate form for use by parents or by adults who were tested as minors to direct that blood samples or test results be destroyed;
(5) comply with a destruction request as described in section 144.125;
(6) notify individuals who request destruction of samples and test results that the samples and test results have been destroyed and the date of destruction; and
(b) Nothing in sections 144.125 to 144.128 shall exempt the commissioner from the requirements of the genetic privacy act in section 13.386 or from the penalties for a violation of the genetic privacy act as provided in chapter 13.