The primary purpose of charter schools is to improve all pupil learning and all student achievement. Additional purposes include to:
(1) increase learning opportunities for all pupils;
(2) encourage the use of different and innovative teaching methods;
(3) measure learning outcomes and create different and innovative forms of measuring outcomes;
(4) establish new forms of accountability for schools; or
(5) create new professional opportunities for teachers, including the opportunity to be responsible for the learning program at the school site.
This chapter applies only to charter schools formed and operated under this chapter.