An athlete agent, with the intent to induce a student athlete to enter into an agency contract, may not:
(1) give any materially false or misleading information or make a materially false promise or representation;
(2) furnish anything of value to a student athlete before the student athlete enters into the agency contract; or
(3) furnish anything of value to any individual other than the student athlete or another registered athlete agent.
An athlete agent may not intentionally:
(2) refuse or fail to retain or permit inspection of the records required to be retained by section 81A.13;
(3) fail to register when required by section 81A.04;
(4) provide materially false or misleading information in an application for registration or renewal of registration;
(5) predate or postdate an agency contract; or
(6) fail to notify a student athlete before the student athlete signs or otherwise authenticates an agency contract for a particular sport that the signing or authentication may make the student athlete ineligible to participate as a student athlete in that sport.
Copyright © 2014 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.