81A.14 Prohibited conduct.
Subdivision 1. Conduct intended to induce a student athlete to enter into an agency contract. An athlete agent, with the intent to induce a student athlete to enter into an agency contract, may not:
(1) give any materially false or misleading information or make a materially false promise or representation;
(2) furnish anything of value to a student athlete before the student athlete enters into the agency contract; or
(3) furnish anything of value to any individual other than the student athlete or another registered athlete agent.
Subd. 2. Other intentional conduct. An athlete agent may not intentionally:
(1) initiate contact with a student athlete unless registered under sections 81A.01 to 81A.21;
(2) refuse or fail to retain or permit inspection of the records required to be retained by section 81A.13;
(3) fail to register when required by section 81A.04;
(4) provide materially false or misleading information in an application for registration or renewal of registration;
(5) predate or postdate an agency contract; or
(6) fail to notify a student athlete before the student athlete signs or otherwise authenticates an agency contract for a particular sport that the signing or authentication may make the student athlete ineligible to participate as a student athlete in that sport.
Subd. 3. Misconduct of athlete agents. An athlete agent must not violate section 325E.33.
HIST: 2002 c 332 s 14
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes