This is a historical version of this statute chapter. Also view the most recent published version.
60K.39 Nonresident licensing.
Subdivision 1. Issuance. Unless denied a license under section 62K.41, a nonresident person shall receive a nonresident producer license if:
(1) the person is currently licensed as a resident and in good standing in the person's home state;
(2) the person has submitted the proper request for licensure and has paid the fees required by section 60K.55;
(3) the person has submitted or transmitted to the commissioner the application for licensure that the person submitted to the person's home state, or in lieu of the same, a completed Uniform Application; and
(4) the person's home state awards nonresident producer licenses to residents of this state on the same basis.
Subd. 2. Verification of licensing status. The commissioner may verify the producer's licensing status through the producer database maintained by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, its affiliates, or subsidiaries.
Subd. 3. Change of address. A nonresident producer who moves from one state to another state or a resident producer who moves from this state to another state shall file a change of address and provide certification from the new resident state within ten days of the change of legal residence. No fee or license application is required.
Subd. 4. Termination; resident license. A nonresident producer license terminates automatically when the person's resident license is terminated for any reason.
Subd. 5. Surplus lines producers. (a) Notwithstanding any other provision of sections 60K.31 to 60K.57, a person licensed as a surplus lines producer in the person's home state shall receive a nonresident surplus lines producer license under subdivision 1. Except as to subdivision 1, nothing in this section otherwise amends or supersedes any provision of sections 60A.195 to 60A.209.
(b) No surplus lines agent or broker licensed under sections 60A.195 to 60A.209 may do business in this state unless the agent or broker has complied with the requirements set forth in section 60A.198, subdivision 3, paragraphs (b) to (d).
Subd. 6. Limited lines producer. Notwithstanding any other provision of sections 60K.31 to 60K.57, a person licensed as a limited line credit insurance or other type of limited lines producer in the person's home state shall receive a nonresident limited lines producer license, under subdivision 1, granting the same scope of authority as granted under the license issued by the producer's home state. For the purposes of this subdivision, limited line insurance is any authority granted by the home state that restricts the authority of the license to less than the total authority prescribed in the associated major lines pursuant to section 60K.38, subdivision 1, clauses (1) to (6).
HIST: 2001 c 117 art 1 s 10
* NOTE: This section, as added by Laws 2001, chapter 117, *article 1, section 10, is effective July 1, 2002. Laws 2001, *chapter 117, article 1, section 29.
Copyright © 2001 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.