This is a historical version of this statute section. Also view the most recent published version.
43A.182 Repealed, 1997 c 97 s 20
* NOTE: This section was also amended by Laws 1997, chapter *187, article 1, section 4, to read as follows:
* "43A.182 Payment of salary differential for reserve *forces on active duty.
* Each agency head shall pay to each eligible member of the *reserve components of the armed forces of the United States an *amount equal to the difference between the member's basic active *duty military salary and the salary the member would be paid as *an active state employee, including any adjustments the member *would have received if not on leave of absence. This payment *may be made only to a person whose basic active duty military *salary is less than the salary the person would be paid as an *active state employee. Payments must be made at the intervals *at which the member received pay as a state employee. Back pay *authorized by this section may be paid in a lump sum. Such pay *shall not extend beyond four years from the date the employee *was called to active duty plus such additional time in each case *as such employee may be required to serve pursuant to law.
* An eligible member of the reserve components of the armed *forces of the United States is a reservist or National Guard *member who was an employee of the state of Minnesota at the time *the member was called to active duty and who was or is called to *active duty after August 1, 1990, because of Operation Desert *Shield, Operation Desert Storm, or any other action taken by the *armed forces relating to hostilities between the United States *and the Republic of Iraq.
* For the purposes of this section, an employee of the state *is an employee of the executive, judicial, or legislative *branches of state government or an employee of the Minnesota *state retirement system, the public employee retirement *association, or the teachers retirement association.
* The commissioner of employee relations and the commissioner *of finance shall adopt procedures required to implement this *section."
Copyright © 1997 by the Office of the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.