On- or off-sale retail licensees and municipal liquor stores may provide, or permit a licensed manufacturer or a wholesaler or its agents to provide on the premises of the retail licensee or municipal liquor store, samples of wine, liqueurs, cordials, and distilled spirits which the retail licensee or municipal liquor store currently has in stock and is offering for sale to the general public without obtaining an additional license, provided the wine, liqueur, cordial, and distilled spirits samples are dispensed at no charge and consumed on the licensed premises during the permitted hours of sale in a quantity less than 50 milliliters of wine per variety per customer, 25 milliliters of liqueur or cordial, and 15 milliliters of distilled spirits per variety per customer.
(a) Notwithstanding section 340A.308, a brewer may purchase from or furnish at no cost to a licensed retailer malt liquor the brewer manufactures if:
(1) the malt liquor is dispensed by the retailer only for samples in a quantity of less than 100 milliliters of malt liquor per variety per customer;
(2) where the brewer furnishes the malt liquor, the retailer makes available for return to the brewer any unused malt liquor and empty containers;
(3) the samples are dispensed by an employee of the retailer or brewer or by a sampling service retained by the retailer or brewer and not affiliated directly or indirectly with a malt liquor wholesaler;
(4) not more than three cases of malt liquor are purchased from or furnished to the retailer by the brewer for each sampling;
(5) each sampling continues for not more than eight hours;
(6) the brewer has furnished malt liquor for not more than 12 samplings for any retailer in any calendar year;
(7) where the brewer furnishes the malt liquor, the brewer delivers the malt liquor for the sampling to its exclusive wholesaler for that malt liquor;
(8) the brewer has at least seven days before the sampling filed with the commissioner, on a form the commissioner prescribes, written notice of intent to furnish malt liquor for the sampling, which contains (i) the name and address of the retailer conducting the sampling, (ii) the maximum amount of malt liquor to be furnished or purchased by the brewer, (iii) the number of times the brewer has furnished malt liquor to the retailer in the calendar year in which the notice is filed, (iv) the date and time of the sampling, (v) where the brewer furnishes the malt liquor, the exclusive wholesaler to whom the brewer will deliver the malt liquor, and (vi) a statement by the brewer to the effect that to the brewer's knowledge all requirements of this section have been or will be complied with; and
(9) the commissioner has not notified the brewer filing the notice under clause (8) that the commissioner disapproves the notice.
(b) For purposes of this subdivision, "licensed retailer" means a licensed on-sale or off-sale retailer of alcoholic beverages and a municipal liquor store.
Copyright © 2016 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.