This is a historical version of this statute chapter. Also view the most recent published version.
268.125 Additional reemployment insurance benefits.
Subdivision 1. Additional benefits; when available. Additional reemployment insurance benefits are authorized if:
(1) at a facility that had 100 or more employees for at least six months during the prior 12 months, the employer reduced operations, resulting within a one-month period in the layoff of 50 percent or more of the facility's work force amounting to 50 or more employees, including reductions caused as a result of a major natural disaster declared by the president;
(2) the employer has no expressed plan to resume operations that would lead to the reemployment of those employees at any time in the immediate future; and
(3) the seasonally adjusted unemployment rate in the county that the facility is located was ten percent or more during the month of the reduction or any of the three months before or after the month of the reduction.
Subd. 2. Payment of benefits. Additional benefits are payable from the fund.
Subd. 3. Eligibility conditions. A claimant is eligible to receive additional benefits for any week during the claimant's benefit year if:
(1) the claimant was laid off from employment as a result of a reduction under subdivision 1 or was laid off due to lack of work from that employer during the three-month period before, or the three-month period after, the month of the reduction under subdivision 1;
(2) the claimant meets the eligibility requirements under section 268.085;
(3) the claimant is not subject to a disqualification under section 268.095; for the purpose of this subdivision, the disqualifying conditions in section 268.095, and the requalifying requirements, apply to the receipt of additional benefits;
(4) the claimant has exhausted regular benefits under section 268.07, is not entitled to receive extended benefits under section 268.115, and is not entitled to receive benefits under any other state or federal law for that week;
(5) a majority of the claimant's wage credits were from the employer that had a reduction in operations under subdivision 1.
Subd. 4. Weekly benefit amount. A claimant's weekly benefit amount shall be the same as the claimant's weekly benefit amount during the current benefit year under section 268.07.
Subd. 5. Maximum benefits payable. The maximum amount of additional benefits payable in the claimant's benefit year shall be 13 times the claimant's weekly benefit amount. Benefits paid to a claimant under any state or federal law other than regular benefits under section 268.07 shall be deducted from the maximum amount of additional benefits.
Copyright © 1998 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.