No person may place or accept a bet as defined in section 609.75 on or off the premises of a licensed racetrack other than a bet made with an approved pari-mutuel system authorized under this chapter.
No person shall:
(1) for a fee, directly or indirectly, accept anything of value from another to be transmitted or delivered for wager in any licensed pari-mutuel system of wagering on horse races, or for a fee deliver anything of value which has been received outside of the enclosure of a licensed racetrack holding a race meet licensed under this chapter, to be placed as wagers in the pari-mutuel system of wagering on horse racing within the enclosure or facility; or
(2) give anything of value to be transmitted or delivered for wager in any licensed pari-mutuel system of wagering on horse races to another who charges a fee, directly or indirectly, for the transmission or delivery.
No person may influence or attempt to influence a horse race by:
(1) making threats;
(2) offering anything of value to a person involved in the conduct of a race in return for that person's committing an illegal act or failing to perform a duty; or
(3) conniving with or seeking or having an understanding or agreement with a person involved in the conduct of a race to commit an illegal act or to fail to perform a duty.
No person may:
(1) on the premises of a licensed racetrack use, possess, or knowingly assist another person in using a battery or buzzer, electrical or mechanical, or other device or appliance, which can be used to affect a horse's racing condition or performance, other than an ordinary whip;
(2) affect or attempt to affect the racing condition or performance of a horse at a race or workout through the use of a drug or medication in violation of the commission's rules; or
(3) use any method, injurious or otherwise, to affect a horse's racing condition or performance at a race or workout in violation of the commission's rules.
A person licensed by the commission who has information regarding a violation of any provision of this section must report that information promptly to the commission or an agent of the commission.
No person may knowingly make a false statement in a document or application required to be submitted to the commission or in a sworn statement to or testimony before the commission.
No person may knowingly offer for payment any pari-mutuel ticket which has been altered or any counterfeit or forged pari-mutuel ticket.
A person under the age of 18 may not place a bet or present a pari-mutuel ticket for payment with an approved pari-mutuel system or participate in card playing at a card club at a licensed racetrack.
Copyright © 2016 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.