This is a historical version of this statute section. Also view the most recent published version.
147C.35 Respiratory care practitioner advisory council.
Subdivision 1. Membership. The board shall appoint a seven-member respiratory care practitioner advisory council consisting of two public members as defined in section 214.02, three registered respiratory care practitioners, and two licensed physicians with expertise in respiratory care.
Subd. 2. Organization. The advisory council shall be organized and administered under section 15.059. The council expires June 30, 2001.
Subd. 3. Duties. The advisory council shall:
(1) advise the board regarding standards for respiratory care practitioners;
(2) provide for distribution of information regarding respiratory care practitioner standards;
(4) review applications and recommend granting or denying registration or registration renewal;
(5) advise the board on issues related to receiving and investigating complaints, conducting hearings, and imposing disciplinary action in relation to complaints against respiratory care practitioners;
(6) advise the board regarding approval of continuing education programs using the criteria in section 147C.25, subdivision 3; and
(7) perform other duties authorized for advisory councils by chapter 214, as directed by the board.
HIST: 1997 c 120 s 9
Copyright © 1997 by the Office of the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.