If an arranged home care provider, as defined in section 144D.01, subdivision 2a, who is not also Medicare certified terminates a service agreement or service plan with an assisted living client, as defined in section 144G.01, subdivision 3, the home care provider shall provide the assisted living client and the legal or designated representatives of the client, if any, with a written notice of termination which includes the following information:
(1) the effective date of termination;
(2) the reason for termination;
(3) without extending the termination notice period, an affirmative offer to meet with the assisted living client or client representatives within no more than five business days of the date of the termination notice to discuss the termination;
(4) contact information for a reasonable number of other home care providers in the geographic area of the assisted living client, as required by Minnesota Rules, part 4668.0050;
(5) a statement that the provider will participate in a coordinated transfer of the care of the client to another provider or caregiver, as required by section 144A.44, subdivision 1, clause (18);
(6) the name and contact information of a representative of the home care provider with whom the client may discuss the notice of termination;
(7) a copy of the home care bill of rights; and
(8) a statement that the notice of termination of home care services by the home care provider does not constitute notice of termination of the housing with services contract with a housing with services establishment.
Copyright © 2014 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.