Note: see session law sections for effective dates.
(1) provisions to assure, to the extent possible, the health, safety, well-being, and appropriate treatment of persons who receive home care services while respecting a client's autonomy and choice;
(3) standards of training of home care provider personnel;
(4) standards for provision of home care services;
(5) standards for medication management;
(6) standards for supervision of home care services;
(7) standards for client evaluation or assessment;
(8) requirements for the involvement of a client's health care provider, the documentation of health care providers' orders, if required, and the client's service plan;
(9) the maintenance of accurate, current client records;
(10) the establishment of basic and comprehensive levels of licenses based on services provided; and
(11) provisions to enforce these regulations and the home care bill of rights.
The commissioner shall:
(2) survey every temporary licensee within one year of the temporary license issuance date subject to the temporary licensee providing home care services to a client or clients;
(3) survey all licensed home care providers on an interval that will promote the health and safety of clients;
(4) with the consent of the client, visit the home where services are being provided;
(6) take action as authorized in section 144A.475; and
(a) A home care provider must establish and maintain a comprehensive tuberculosis infection control program according to the most current tuberculosis infection control guidelines issued by the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Division of Tuberculosis Elimination, as published in CDC's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR). This program must include a tuberculosis infection control plan that covers all paid and unpaid employees, contractors, students, and volunteers. The Department of Health shall provide technical assistance regarding implementation of the guidelines.
(b) Written compliance with this subdivision must be maintained by the home care provider.