Data on customers of municipal electric utilities are private data on individuals or nonpublic data, but may be released to:
(1) a law enforcement agency that requests access to the data in connection with an investigation;
(2) a school for purposes of compiling pupil census data;
(3) the Metropolitan Council for use in studies or analyses required by law;
(4) a public child support authority for purposes of establishing or enforcing child support; or
(5) a person where use of the data directly advances the general welfare, health, or safety of the public; the commissioner of administration may issue advisory opinions construing this clause pursuant to section 13.072.
Copyright © 2017 by the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.
700 State Office Building, 100 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55155 ♦ Phone: (651) 296-2868 ♦ TTY: 1-800-627-3529 ♦ Fax: (651) 296-0569