This is a historical version of this statute section. Also view the most recent published version.
103I.501 Licensing and regulation of wells and borings.
(a) The commissioner shall regulate and license:
(1) drilling, constructing, and repair of wells;
(2) sealing of wells;
(3) installing of well pumps and pumping equipment;
(4) excavating, drilling, and sealing of holes for the installation of elevator shafts and hydraulic cylinders;
(5) construction and sealing of environmental bore holes; and
(6) construction, repair, and sealing of vertical heat exchangers.
(b) The commissioner shall examine and license well contractors, limited well/boring contractors, and elevator shaft contractors, and examine and register monitoring well contractors.
(c) The commissioner shall license explorers engaged in exploratory boring and shall examine persons who supervise or oversee exploratory boring.
Copyright © 1999 by the Office of the Revisor of Statutes, State of Minnesota. All rights reserved.