(a) The commissioner shall regulate and license:
(1) drilling, constructing, and repair of wells;
(2) sealing of wells;
(3) installing of well pumps and pumping equipment;
(4) excavating, drilling, repairing, and sealing of elevator borings;
(5) construction, repair, and sealing of environmental wells; and
(6) construction, repair, and sealing of bored geothermal heat exchangers.
(b) The commissioner shall examine and license well contractors, limited well/boring contractors, elevator boring contractors, and environmental well contractors.
(c) The commissioner shall license explorers engaged in exploratory boring and shall examine persons who supervise or oversee exploratory boring.