(1) to encourage stability in the property and liability insurance market for property located in this state;
(2) to encourage maximum use, in obtaining property and liability insurance, as defined in sections 65A.31 to 65A.42, of the normal insurance market provided by the private property and casualty insurance industry;
(3) to encourage the improvement of the condition of properties located in this state and to further orderly community development generally;
(4) to provide for an organization known as the Minnesota FAIR plan, which will assure fair access to insurance requirements in order that no property is denied property or liability insurance through the FAIR plan due to the condition of the property, except after a physical inspection of the property and a fair evaluation of its individual underwriting characteristics;
(5) to publicize the purposes and procedures of the FAIR plan to the end that no one may fail to seek its assistance through lack of knowledge of its existence; and
(6) to provide for the formulation and administration by the Minnesota FAIR plan of a reinsurance arrangement whereby property and casualty insurers share equitably the responsibility for insuring insurable property for which property and liability insurance cannot be obtained through the normal insurance markets.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes