The commissioner shall establish a quality improvement program for the home care survey and home care complaint investigation processes. The commissioner shall submit to the legislature an annual report, beginning October 1, 2015, and each October 1 thereafter, until October 1, 2027. Each report will review the previous state fiscal year of home care licensing and regulatory activities. The report must include, but is not limited to, an analysis of:
(1) the number of FTEs in the Division of Compliance Monitoring, including the Office of Health Facility Complaints units assigned to home care licensing, survey, investigation, and enforcement process;
(2) numbers of and descriptive information about licenses issued, complaints received and investigated, including allegations made and correction orders issued, surveys completed and timelines, and correction order reconsiderations and results;
(3) descriptions of emerging trends in home care provision and areas of concern identified by the department in its regulation of home care providers;
(4) information and data regarding performance improvement projects underway and planned by the commissioner in the area of home care surveys; and
(5) work of the Department of Health Home Care Advisory Council.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes