(a) The county board shall prescribe the duties of the county coordinator.
(b) Insofar as required by the county board, the county coordinator is responsible to the board for the proper administration and management of any assigned duty and for these purposes is considered the head of a department.
(a) The county coordinator may be assigned any of the following duties and responsibilities:
(1) to manage any or all of the affairs of the county which the county board has authority to control;
(2) to examine regularly the books, papers and accounts of each department, office, and agency of the county under the control of the county board and to report to the board the condition in which the county coordinator finds them and other information as the board directs;
(3) to submit to the board recommendations concerning the affairs of the county, its future financial needs, and its offices, departments and agencies as the county coordinator considers proper;
(4) to see that all orders, resolutions and regulations of the county board are faithfully executed;
(5) to initiate and present a proposed annual budget to the county board for its review and consideration; and
(6) to serve as clerk of the county board.
(b) When a resolution is adopted directing the county coordinator to assume the responsibilities of clerk of the board, the county auditor shall no longer be held responsible for the duties as clerk to the board imposed by section 384.09.
This section does not apply to Hennepin County.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes