The provisions of this chapter do not apply to an individual who prepares and sells home-processed pet treats for dogs and cats, provided the following conditions are met:
(1) the individual is registered with the commissioner under section 28A.152, subdivision 4;
(2) the pet treats are not potentially hazardous food, as defined in Minnesota Rules, part 4626.0020, subpart 62, that is safe for human consumption and for consumption by the intended species;
(3) the pet treats are baked or dehydrated;
(4) the individual displays at the point of sale a clearly legible sign or placard stating, "These products are homemade and not subject to state inspection."; and
(5) each individual pet treat package is labeled with the following: (i) the name and registration number or address of the individual preparing the pet treat; (ii) the date on which the pet treat was prepared; (iii) the ingredients listed; and (iv) the statement "These products are homemade and not subject to state inspection."
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes