Notwithstanding section 609.68, a person may place bait to take bear and must display a tag at each site where bait is placed and register the sites. The commissioner shall prescribe the method of tagging and registering the sites. The tag displayed at each site where bait is placed must contain: (i) the licensee's name and address; (ii) the licensee's driver's license number; or (iii) the "MDNR#" license identification number issued to the licensee for a licensed bear hunter or a licensed bear outfitter. A person must have the license identification number of the person with the bear license in their possession or be a licensed bear outfitter while attending a bear bait station. To attract bear a person may not use a bait with:
(1) a carcass from a mammal, if the carcass contains more than 25 percent of the intact carcass;
(2) meat from mammals, if the meat contains bones;
(3) bones of mammals;
(4) solid waste containing bottles, cans, plastic, paper, or metal;
(5) materials that are not readily biodegradable; or
(6) any part of a swine, except cured pork.