(a) The public retirement plans enumerated in paragraph (b) must be divided into two parts in accordance with section 218(d)(6)(c) of the Social Security Act, with one part composed of plan members who did not elect Social Security coverage in the applicable referendum and the other part composed of plan members who did elect Social Security coverage in the applicable referendum.
(b) The applicable public retirement plans are:
(1) the elective state officers retirement plan;
(2) the judges retirement plan;
(3) the legislators retirement plan;
(4) the Minneapolis Teachers Retirement Fund Association;
(5) the general employees retirement plan of the Public Employees Retirement Association;
(6) the St. Paul Teachers Retirement Fund Association; and
(7) the Teachers Retirement Association.
(c) Plan participants and persons electing participation under section 354B.211 remain members of the Teachers Retirement Association for purposes of Social Security coverage only, and remain covered by the applicable agreement entered into under section 355.01, but are not members of the Teachers Retirement Association for any other purpose while employed in covered employment.