(a) For purposes of this section, the following term has the meaning given.
(b) "Responsible authority" means:
(1) for the house of representatives, the chief clerk of the house;
(2) for the senate, the secretary of the senate;
(3) for the Office of the Revisor of Statutes, the revisor of statutes;
(4) for the Office of the Legislative Auditor, the legislative auditor;
(5) for the Legislative Reference Library, the library director;
(6) for the Legislative Budget Office, the director of the Legislative Budget Office; and
(7) for any entity administered by the legislative branch not listed in clauses (1) to (6), the director of the Legislative Coordinating Commission.
The senate, the house of representatives, and joint legislative offices and commissions must comply with accessibility standards adopted for state agencies by the chief information officer under section 16E.03, subdivision 9, for technology, software, and hardware procurement, unless the responsible authority for a legislative body or office has approved an exception for a standard for that body or office.
The chief information officer is not authorized to manage or direct compliance of the legislature with accessibility standards.
NOTE: This section, as added by Laws 2019, First Special Session chapter 10, article 5, section 1, is effective October 1, 2024. Laws 2019, First Special Session chapter 10, article 5, section 1, the effective date.