(a) The Board of Behavioral Health and Therapy shall:
(2) establish by rule standards for professional conduct, including adoption of a Code of Professional Ethics and requirements for continuing education and supervision;
(4) establish by rule standards for initial education including coursework for licensure and content of professional education;
(5) establish, maintain, and publish annually a register of current licensees and approved supervisors;
(6) establish initial and renewal application and examination fees sufficient to cover operating expenses of the board and its agents in accordance with section 16A.1283;
(7) educate the public about the existence and content of the laws and rules for licensed professional counselors to enable consumers to file complaints against licensees who may have violated the rules; and
(8) periodically evaluate its rules in order to refine the standards for licensing professional counselors and to improve the methods used to enforce the board's standards.
(b) The board may appoint a professional discipline committee for each occupational licensure regulated by the board, and may appoint a board member as chair. The professional discipline committee shall consist of five members representative of the licensed occupation and shall provide recommendations to the board with regard to rule techniques, standards, procedures, and related issues specific to the licensed occupation.