The board shall devise procedures and forms for application for grants by the local units of government, and review of and decision on the applications by the state board.
A professional engineer shall be employed by the board to work exclusively on the technical implementation and engineering of the pilot project established pursuant to sections 103F.171 to 103F.187. The engineer shall assist the local units of government and the board to achieve the purposes of the project, and shall have duties including:
(1) field review and analysis of projects and project sites;
(2) preparation of permit applications, including evaluation of environmental effects;
(3) development of recommended pertinent provisions of permits for specific projects;
(4) preparation of plans for further consideration of remedial flood control structural measures as part of a general rural floodplain management effort; and
(5) evaluation of the effectiveness of completed projects constructed under this program.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes