The board shall:
(1) develop guidelines for the contents of local water management plans that provide for a flexible approach to meeting the different water and related land resources needs of counties and watersheds across the state;
(2) coordinate assistance of state agencies to counties and other local units of government involved in preparation of local water management plans, including identification of pertinent data and studies available from the state and federal government;
(4) determine contested cases under section 103B.345;
(5) establish a process for review of local water management plans that assures the plans are consistent with state law; and
(6) make grants to counties for local water management planning, implementation of priority actions identified in approved plans, and sealing of abandoned wells.