For purposes of this chapter, the following persons are fiduciaries:
(1) any member of the governing board of a covered pension plan;
(2) the chief administrative officer of a covered pension plan or of the State Board of Investment;
(3) any member of the State Board of Investment; and
(4) any member of the Investment Advisory Council.
The activities of a fiduciary identified in subdivision 1 that must be carried out in accordance with the requirements of section 356A.04 include, but are not limited to:
(1) the investment and reinvestment of plan assets;
(2) the determination of benefits;
(3) the determination of eligibility for membership or benefits;
(4) the determination of the amount or duration of benefits;
(5) the determination of funding requirements or the amounts of contributions;
(6) the maintenance of membership or financial records;
(7) the expenditure of plan assets; and
(8) the selection of financial institutions and investment products.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes