356A.02 Fiduciary status and activities.
Subdivision 1. Fiduciary status. For purposes of this chapter, the following persons are fiduciaries:
(1) any member of the governing board of a covered pension plan;
(2) the chief administrative officer of a covered pension plan or of the state board of investment;
(3) any member of the state board of investment;
(4) any member of the investment advisory council; and
(5) any member of the advisory committee established under section 354B.25.
Subd. 2. Fiduciary activity. The activities of a fiduciary identified in subdivision 1 that must be carried out in accordance with the requirements of section 356A.04 include, but are not limited to:
(1) the investment and reinvestment of plan assets;
(2) the determination of benefits;
(3) the determination of eligibility for membership or benefits;
(4) the determination of the amount or duration of benefits;
(5) the determination of funding requirements or the amounts of contributions;
(6) the maintenance of membership or financial records;
(7) the expenditure of plan assets; and
(8) the selection of financial institutions and investment products.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes