Each community where there is a regional treatment center shall establish a group to work with and advise the commissioner and the counties to:
(1) ensure community input in the development of community services for persons with developmental disabilities;
(2) assure consideration of family concern about choice of service settings;
(3) assist counties in recruiting new providers, capitalizing, and siting new day services and residential programs;
(4) work with the surrounding counties to coordinate development of services for persons with developmental disabilities;
(5) facilitate community education concerning services to persons with developmental disabilities;
(6) assist in recruiting potential supported employment opportunities;
(7) assist in developing shared services agreements among providers of service;
(8) coordinate with the development of state-operated services; and
(9) seek to resolve local transportation issues for people with developmental disabilities.
Funds appropriated to the Department of Human Services for this purpose shall be transferred to the city in which the regional treatment center is located upon receipt of evidence from the city that such a group has been constituted and designated. The funds shall be used to defray the expenses of the group.
The membership of each community group must reflect a broad range of community interests, including, at a minimum, families of persons with developmental disabilities, state employee unions, providers, advocates, and counties.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes