(a) The commissioner shall publicize the planned changes to the facilities operated by the commissioner. A parent, other involved family member, private guardian, or health care agent of a resident of a facility must be notified of the changes planned for each facility. When new services developed for a person require the person to move, the commissioner shall provide each parent, family member, health care agent, and guardian of that person with the following:
(1) names and telephone numbers of the state and county contacts;
(2) information on types of services to be developed;
(3) information on how the individual planning process works, including how alternative placements will be determined, and how family members can be involved;
(4) information on the process to be followed when a parent, other family member, health care agent, or guardian disagrees with the proposed services; and
(5) a list of additional resources such as advocates, local volunteer coordinators, and family groups.
(b) At least one staff person in each facility must be available to provide information about:
(1) community placements;
(2) the opportunity for interested family members, guardians, and health care agents to participate in program planning; and
(3) family support groups.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes