An agent or employee of another may not construct, reconstruct, remove, or make a change in a reservoir, dam, or waterway obstruction on a public water or in any manner change or diminish the course, current, or cross section of public waters unless the agent or employee has:
(1) obtained a signed statement from the property owner stating that the permits required for the work have been obtained or a permit is not required; and
(2) mailed a copy of the statement to the regional office of the Department of Natural Resources where the proposed work is located.
Violation of this section is a separate and independent offense from other violations of this chapter.
The commissioner shall develop a form to be distributed to contractors' associations and county auditors to comply with this section. The form must include:
(1) a listing of the activities for which a permit is required;
(2) a description of the penalties for violating this chapter;
(3) the mailing addresses and telephone numbers of the regional offices of the Department of Natural Resources;
(4) a statement that water inventory maps completed according to section 103G.201 are on file with the auditors of the counties; and
(5) spaces for a description of the work and the names, mailing addresses, and telephone numbers of the person authorizing the work and the agent or employee proposing to undertake it.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes