The fees to be charged and collected by a court commissioner shall be as follows, and no other or greater fees shall be charged:
(1) for examining any petition, complaint, affidavit, or any paper wherein an order is required, $2.50;
(2) for making and entering an order on the same, $1;
(3) for examining a person alleged to have a mental illness or chemical dependency for commitment, $25;
(4) for hearing and deciding on the return of a writ of habeas corpus, $10 for each day necessarily occupied;
(5) for examination of judgment debtors in proceedings supplementary to execution and for all disclosures in garnishment proceedings, in writing, 25 cents per folio;
(6) for all other services rendered by the commissioner, the same fees as are allowed by law to other officers for similar services.
Subdivision 1 shall not apply to any county containing a city of the first class.