The commissioner shall develop additional incentive-based payments of up to five percent above a facility's operating payment rate for achieving outcomes specified in a contract. The commissioner may solicit proposals and select those which, on a competitive basis, best meet the state's policy objectives. The commissioner shall limit the amount of any incentive payment and the number of contract amendments under this section to operate the incentive payments within funds appropriated for this purpose. The commissioner shall approve proposals through a memorandum of understanding which shall specify various levels of payment for various levels of performance. Incentive payments to facilities under this section shall be in the form of time-limited rate adjustments which shall be included in the external fixed payment rate under section 256R.25. In establishing the specified outcomes and related criteria, the commissioner shall consider the following state policy objectives:
(1) successful diversion or discharge of residents to the residents' prior home or other community-based alternatives;
(2) adoption of new technology to improve quality or efficiency;
(3) improved quality as measured in the Minnesota Nursing Home Report Card;
(4) reduced acute care costs; and
(5) any additional outcomes proposed by a nursing facility that the commissioner finds desirable.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes