The commissioner of human services has authority for human services development. The commissioner may appoint professional and clerical staff as the commissioner deems necessary. The commissioner shall:
(1) support the development of human services boards and provide technical assistance to the boards;
(2) disburse and monitor grants as may be available to assist human services board development;
(3) receive and coordinate the review of annual human services board plans;
(4) cooperate with other state agencies in assisting local human services integration projects; and
(5) maintain a file on reports, policies, and documents pertaining to human services boards.