The commissioner shall issue a wholesale produce dealer's license to engage in the business of a dealer at wholesale to persons submitting an application, paying the prescribed fee, and complying with the conditions in this section.
(a) The application must be in writing, accompanied by the prescribed fee, and state:
(1) the place or places where the applicant intends to carry on the business for which the license is desired;
(2) the estimated amount of business to be done monthly;
(3) the amount of business done during the preceding year, if any;
(4) the full names of the persons constituting the firm for a partnership, and for a corporation the names of the officers of the corporation and where incorporated;
(5) a financial statement showing the value and character of the assets and the amount of liabilities of the applicant;
(6) the income and expenses for the most recent year;
(7) the names and addresses of all shareholders who own at least five percent of a corporate applicant's shares of stock;
(8) whether the applicant or any of its officers, partners, or agents have been involved in any litigation relating to the business of a wholesale produce dealer in the previous five years; and
(9) any other information relevant to the conduct of its business as a wholesale produce dealer in the previous five years, as the commissioner may require.
(b) If a contract is used in a transaction, a copy of the contract must also be filed with the commissioner.
(c) Financial data required of an applicant under this section is classified as private data with regard to data on individuals and as nonpublic data with regard to data not on individuals under section 13.02.
Applications shall be filed annually.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes