No television screen shall be installed or used in any motor vehicle where images from the screen are visible to the driver while operating the motor vehicle except:
(1) video screens installed in law enforcement vehicles;
(2) closed-circuit video systems used exclusively to aid the driver's visibility to the front, rear, or sides of the vehicle; and
(3) video screens installed as part of a vehicle control system or used in intelligent vehicle highway applications.
(a) No person, while operating a motor vehicle, shall wear headphones or earphones that are used in both ears simultaneously for purposes of receiving or listening to broadcasts or reproductions from radios, tape decks, or other sound-producing or transmitting devices.
(b) Paragraph (a) does not prohibit:
(1) the use of a hearing aid device by a person who needs the device;
(2) the use of a communication headset by a firefighter while operating a fire department emergency vehicle in response to an emergency; or
(3) the use of a communication headset by an emergency medical services person while operating an ambulance subject to section 144E.101.