The Board of Social Work consists of 15 members appointed by the governor. The members are:
(1) ten social workers licensed according to section 148E.055; and
(2) five public members as defined in section 214.02.
(a) All social worker members must have engaged in the practice of social work in Minnesota for at least one year during the ten years preceding their appointments.
(b) Five social worker members must be licensed social workers under section 148E.055, subdivision 2. The other five members must include a licensed graduate social worker, a licensed independent social worker, and at least two licensed independent clinical social workers.
(c) Eight social worker members must be engaged at the time of their appointment in the practice of social work in Minnesota in the following settings:
(1) one member must be engaged in the practice of social work in a county agency;
(2) one member must be engaged in the practice of social work in a state agency;
(3) one member must be engaged in the practice of social work in an elementary, middle, or secondary school;
(4) one member must be employed in a hospital or nursing home licensed under chapter 144 or 144A;
(5) one member must be engaged in the practice of social work in a private agency;
(6) two members must be engaged in the practice of social work in a clinical social work setting; and
(7) one member must be an educator engaged in regular teaching duties at a program of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education or a similar accreditation body designated by the board.
(d) At the time of their appointments, at least six members must reside outside of the 11-county metropolitan area.
(e) At the time of their appointments, at least five members must be persons with expertise in communities of color.
The board must biennially elect from its membership a chair, vice-chair, and secretary-treasurer.
The board must adopt bylaws to govern its proceedings.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes