Subject to the limitations set forth in sections 333.18 to 333.31, any person who adopts and uses a trademark or a service mark in this state may file in the Office of the Secretary of State an application for registration of that mark setting forth the following information:
(1) the name and business address of the person applying for such registration; and, if a business entity, the state of registration;
(2) the goods or services in connection with which the mark is used and the mode or manner in which the mark is used in connection with the goods or services and the class in which the goods or services fall;
(3) a description of the mark;
(4) the date when the mark was first used in this state by the applicant or a predecessor in interest; and
(5) the applicant's statement of belief that the applicant is the owner of the mark and that no other person has the right to use such mark in this state either in the identical form thereof or in such near resemblance thereto as might be calculated to deceive or to be mistaken therefor and the mark is in use.
The application shall be signed as provided in section 645.44, subdivision 14, and verified by the individual applicant or, for business entity applicants, by a person with authority to sign on behalf of the business entity.
The application shall be accompanied by a single specimen or facsimile of such mark.
The application for registration shall be accompanied by a filing fee of $50, payable to the secretary of state.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes