(1) to provide a sufficient supply of adequate, safe, and sanitary dwellings in order to protect the health, safety, morals, and welfare of the citizens of this state;
(2) to clear and redevelop blighted areas;
(3) to perform those duties according to comprehensive plans;
(4) to remedy the shortage of housing for low and moderate income residents, and to redevelop blighted areas, in situations in which private enterprise would not act without government participation or subsidies; and
(5) in cities of the first class, to provide housing for persons of all incomes.
Public participation in activities intended to meet the purposes of sections 469.001 to 469.047 and the exercise of powers confined by sections 469.001 to 469.047 are public uses and purposes for which private property may be acquired and public money spent.