(a) The provisions of this section apply to a city of the first class if the following conditions are met:
(1) the city refunded bonds and revenues, derived from increment from a district for which certification was requested before August 1, 1979, were pledged to pay the bonds;
(2) the refunding bonds were issued after April 1, 1988, and before April 1, 1990;
(3) the refunded bonds' obligations were due and payable in full by the calendar year 2002 and the refunding bonds' obligations are payable, in whole or part, during the calendar years 2001 through 2009; and
(4) the city had in place during 1989 an ordinance providing for excess increments to be distributed under section 469.176, subdivision 2, paragraph (a), clause (4), and the city modified the ordinance to eliminate all or part of the distributions of excess increments.
(b) For calendar years 1990 through 2001, in each year the city must expend for a neighborhood revitalization program, as established under section 469.1831, an amount of revenues derived from tax increments equal to at least:
(1) the amount of the additional principal and interest payments that would have been due for the year on the refunded bonds, if the bonds had not been refunded; and
(2) the amount of money which would have been distributed as excess increments under the city ordinance had it not been modified.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes