(a) For any child who is under the guardianship of the commissioner, the commissioner has the exclusive rights to consent to:
(1) the medical care plan for the treatment of a child who is at imminent risk of death or who has a chronic disease that, in a physician's judgment, will result in the child's death in the near future including a physician's order not to resuscitate or intubate the child; and
(2) the child donating a part of the child's body to another person while the child is living; the decision to donate a body part under this clause shall take into consideration the child's wishes and the child's culture.
(b) In addition to the exclusive rights under paragraph (a), the commissioner has a duty to:
(1) process any complete and accurate request for home study and placement through the Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children under section 260.851;
(2) process any complete and accurate application for adoption assistance forwarded by the responsible social services agency according to chapter 259A;
(3) complete the execution of an adoption placement agreement forwarded to the commissioner by the responsible social services agency and return it to the agency in a timely fashion; and
(4) maintain records as required in chapter 259.
All duties, obligations, and consents not specifically reserved to the commissioner in this section are delegated to the responsible social services agency.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes