(1) the requirements for court review of children under the guardianship of the commissioner; and
(2) procedures for timely finalizing adoptions in the best interests of children under the guardianship of the commissioner.
(b) Adoption proceedings for children not under the guardianship of the commissioner are governed by chapter 259.
The responsible social services agency has the duty to act as the commissioner's agent in making reasonable efforts to finalize the adoption of all children under the guardianship of the commissioner pursuant to section 260C.325. In implementing these duties, the agency shall ensure that:
(1) the best interests of the child are met in the planning and granting of adoptions;
(2) a child under the guardianship of the commissioner is appropriately involved in planning for adoption;
(3) the diversity of Minnesota's population and diverse needs including culture, religion, and language of persons affected by adoption are recognized and respected; and
(4) the court has the timely information it needs to make a decision that is in the best interests of the child in reviewing the agency's planning for adoption and when ordering the adoption of the child.
Official Publication of the State of Minnesota
Revisor of Statutes